When you choose a Fairly Traded product you help improve the lives of artisans and small farmers, who toil hard, day and night to create beautiful handmade pieces of art and food products that we use in our daily lives, without realizing who produced it. Our lives are made so convenient because of their hard work. Imagine if you had…
To grow the wheat to prepare the bread or chapatti that you eat every day…..Would you like to chop the wood from the forest to create the table and chairs that you sit on and eat your meals? Would you prefer to grow your own cotton to produce a T-shirt just for yourself?
STOP! and make a difference. Be aware, Be conscious and Understand ‘Fair Trade’.
Join hands with EFTY-to understand ‘Fairness in Trade’!
EFTY starts with the Principles of Fair Trade…
To know more go to www.irft.org or www.shopforchange.in
- Creating opportunities for the economically disadvantage
- Transparency and accountability to all the stakeholders
- Fair Trading practices
- Payment of a Fair Price
- Ensuring that the UN convention on Child Labour is respected.
- Non-discrimination, gender equity and freedom of association
- Healthy and safe working conditions
- Providing Capacity Building
- Promoting Fair Trade
- Respect for the Environment
If in doubt ask EFTY!
He will tell you all you need to know. Ask EFTY